This Policy does not apply to workforce-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals. Company employees are directed to Athas Capital Group’s CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants.
Where noted in this Policy, the CCPA currently exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B personal information“) from some of its requirements.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information“). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we may have collected some or all of the information from the following categories from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from a third party acting on your behalf.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or share or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop products, and services.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
We do not sell personal information. We may share the Personal Information above with the following parties:
- Business partners
- Service providers
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Third parties with whom you authorize or direct us to share your information
- To comply with legal requirements, including, but not limited to, regulatory, court, and law enforcement demands (e.g., subpoenas, court orders, etc.)
- To address fraud, security or technical issues; and
- To respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our company, customers or third parties
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of Company’s businesses
Your Choices About Your Information
Information we collect from or about individuals in connection with providing a lending product is treated in accordance with applicable federal and state privacy laws including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). We therefore use and share any information that we collect from or about consumers of our financial products or services consistent with the disclosures in our Consumer Privacy Notice, posted here. We do not generally maintain personal information about individuals other than in connection with lending activities, and therefore consumer disclosure and deletion requests as specifically provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) are not applicable.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information: Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review or update certain account information and transactions by contacting us.
Emails: In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request. Please note that even after opting out of promotional emails, we may still send you customer service announcements, administrative notices and services-related communications (e.g., account notices, transaction confirmations, and security notices).
Text messages: In the event you are enrolled in any service that provides text messages to you, you can opt-out of receiving text messages from that service by replying “STOP” to any text message received. You will continue to receive text messages from product lines or services from which you have not opted out.
Mobile devices: Mobile devices may allow a user to block certain information requests (e.g., location information), but doing so may diminish your experience with our services. Mobile device or mobile operating system providers typically provide instructions on how to adjust such privacy features.
We do not provide a financial incentive or a price or service difference to customers in exchange for the retention or sale of their personal information. We may send promotions or offers to customers or other individuals who subscribe to marketing communications, and unless a customer has opted out of such communications, the customer will continue to receive such notices irrespective of whether any information privacy request described here has been submitted. We do not offer financial incentives to deter customers from making such requests. We do not discriminate against any customer for exercising any privacy rights, including those provided by applicable laws.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Company collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: (855) 519-0200
Email: [email protected]
Athas Capital Group, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Department
27001 Agoura Rd Suite 200, Calabasas Hills, CA 91301
If you need to access this Policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact [email protected] or (855) 519-0200.